Jeenah Moon is a photographer based in New York. She was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea.
She came to the United States from Korea in 2007. She graduated from The International Center of Photography in 2014 where she was awarded the Dow Jones Scholarship. She is a contracted photographer at the New York Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, NBC news and Washington Post.
She is also member of Diversify and Women Photograph.
She has been working on projects which address pressing social issues and the capacity of this type of medium to capture the most meaningful, engaging and even impactful visual imagery.
Selected exhibitions, awards
- Nominated 2017 PDN’s 30: New and Emerging Photographers to Watch
- Awarded Reuters Mentorship Awards on Eddie Adams Workshop 2016
- One of winners of 2015 Front Page Award in the category of Photography Essay “The Watchman of New York”, New York, 2015
- Pingyao China International Photography Festival, Breaking Boundaries VI, China, 2015
- The Golden Leaf, An Exhibition, Exploring Contemporary & Historical Issues in Myanmar, Centre of Photography and Filmmaking, Singapore, 2014